Anyone remember sponge candy !
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup dark Karo syrup
1/2 teaspoon molasses
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon baking soda
2 large Hershey chocolate bars and 1 cup chocolate chips melted together
1. Combine sugar, syrup, molasses and vinegar in a large heavy pan.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture reaches
300 degrees on a candy thermometer (hard crack stage).
3. Remove from heat and quickly add soda (TIP: sift soda when adding).
4. Stir quickly, mixing well.
5. Pour into buttered 9 x 12 inch pan (cookie sheet also works well).
6. When cool, break into pieces and dip in the melted chocolate.